Skip to Content

The Weekly News Source for Wyoming's Ranchers, Farmers and AgriBusiness Community

WSF Endowment seeks donations for match opportunity

by Wyoming Livestock Roundup

The Wyoming State Fair (WSF) Endowment is currently seeking funds to reach a $500,000 goal, outlined by the Wyoming Legislature who offered to match the contributions if they are raised on or before June 1. 

“Through the WSF Endowment Matching Funds Campaign – with a goal of $500,000 – we have a unique opportunity to ensure the fair’s vibrant future supporting agriculture, youth, education and our cherished Western lifestyle,” writes WSF General Manager Courtny Conkle in the WSF Endowment Match Campaign Case Statement. 

“This campaign is more than a fundraising effort – it is a call to action for every one of us to contribute to a legacy which will inspire generations to come,” she continues. 

The endowment fund

According to WSF Development Director Rindy West, the WSF Endowment Fund was created in 2018 to help provide a more stable and consistent funding avenue for the future of the state fair. 

During the same year, WSF appointed their first board of directors, and the Wyoming Legislature outlined a $100,000 funds matching campaign to get the endowment up and running. 

Today, the WSF Endowment Fund is managed by the state, and every one penny of revenue dollars made at the Wyoming State Fairgrounds goes back into the endowment to help it grow. 

Additionally, West noted 25 percent of revenue generated is used for fairground operating funds and the other 75 percent is reinvested into the endowment to continue building the account. 

“The endowment is a way for us to protect, grow and sustain the future of WSF for generations to come,” stated West. “We not only want a healthy and enthusiastic state fair right now, we also want the same thing 50 to 100 years down the road, and the endowment is a way for us to do this.” 

The match campaign 

With a current balance of $3.8 million, WSF staff is hopeful the legislature’s match challenge will increase endowment funds by another $1 million. 

“We are so grateful to the state of Wyoming and Wyoming as a community for the opportunity to go in front of everyone and seek their support for our WSF Endowment Matching Funds Campaign,” stated West.

She shared the campaign is off to a good start, and so far, has received a few incredibly generous gifts, including a donation of $50,000 from the Wagonhound Ranch of Douglas and another $50,000 from the TW and Wyoming First foundations of Casper.  

“As of today, the campaign is approaching $450,000 of the $500,000 goal, which is great. We are rushing toward the finish line, but the June 1 deadline is coming quickly and we really want to make sure everyone who wants to give has the chance,” she added. “Any and all support will make a difference in this campaign as we move toward the final effort of $50,000.”

West further noted all those who generously contribute a dollar or more to the campaign will be permanently recognized on the Wyoming State Fairgrounds. 

“There will be permanent signage – we haven’t figured out exactly what it looks like yet, but it will be very prominent and very nicely done to show off all of the donors of this campaign,” she said. 

Additionally, a donor appreciation celebration will be held the week of the 2024 WSF. West noted details are still in the works and will be announced at a later date. 

The golf tournament 

In an effort to achieve the final push to $500,000, WSF is hosting a golf tournament on May 31 at Three Crowns Golf Course in Casper. The event will be sponsored by Stotz Equipment, with an 8 a.m. shotgun start. 

West explained the tournament will include 25 teams, and since this tournament is one of the first to be announced for the season, she encouraged interested individuals to register sooner rather than later as spots are likely to fill up fast. 

“Anybody is welcome to attend, and even if they don’t get signed up on a team, they can come volunteer at the event,” she said. “We will have raffles and other fundraising events going on, as well as a lot of really fun hole contests.” 

West also mentioned she is in search of hole and score card sponsors. 

Anybody interested in these sponsorships, competing in the tournament or volunteering at the event can contact West at 307-751-3430. Teams can also register by using the adjacent QR code. 

Hannah Bugas is the managing editor of the Wyoming Livestock Roundup. Send comments on this article to

Back to top