Miss in the Kitchen – Easy Pasta Salad
Pasta salad is my go to summer side dish. We all love it, and it’s the perfect way to get veggies on my kids’ plates without a fuss. It’s perfect alongside grilled burgers or steaks.
EASY PASTA SALAD
– 1 pound bow tie pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained
– 1 cup diced sweet peppers
– 2 stalks celery, diced
– 1 carrot, cleaned and shredded
– 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
For the dressing
– 1 cup mayonnaise (light mayo can be substituted)
– 1/3 cup milk
– 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
– 1 tablespoon sugar
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
– 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Rinse cooked pasta with cold water until chilled. Drain well.
Add pasta, peppers, celery, carrot and tomatoes to a large bowl and stir to combine.
Mix all dressing ingredients together until thoroughly combined. Stir into pasta mixture and toss to coat completely.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Milisa Armstrong lives on a cattle ranch in Hugo, Okla. where she cooks, writes and raises a family. Visit her blog at missinthekitchen.com for more recipes.